The Weston Firm was founded in 2007 by attorney Gregory S. Weston. The firm is strongly focused on consumer fraud class actions.
In June 2012 a settlement negotiated by the firm of In Re Nucoa Margarine Litigation received the final approval of the court. The action resulted in the permanent removal of trans fat from Nucoa Margarine and approximately $1 million in cash relief.
In January 2012 a settlement resulting in labeling changes and a cash distribution to buyers of Nutella received preliminary approval.
In December 2011 the firm was appointed counsel over a certified nationwide class of buyers of Qunol CoQ10, a nutrition supplement making false claims on its label.
In June 2011 the Firm recovered $225,000 for a California home buyer who alleged he was defrauded by a developer.
In March 2011 the Firm was appointed class counsel in an action whose settlement resulted in the removal of toxic trans fat from dozens of margarine products and the payment of plaintiffs' attorney fees and costs.
In April 2009 Mr. Weston obtained a $1.35 million class action settlement on behalf of 95 Los Angeles-area condo purchasers.
The Weston Firm's attorneys currently serve as Interim Class Counsel in the following consolidated actions:
In Re Apple and AT&T iPad Unlimited Data Plan Litigation, an action on behalf of thousands of early iPad buyers who had a promised unlimited data plan withdrawn only days or weeks after their iPad purchase;
In Re Quaker Oats Labeling Litigation, an action alleging Quaker makes misleading health claims on a variety of products made with trans fat;
The Firm is also counsel for plaintiff in a class action against Netflix over its "deaf tax" policies that result in higher charges to individuals who require captioning.
Prior to founding the firm, Mr. Weston was an attorney at the San Diego office of the firm now known as Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, where he worked on a number of high-profile class actions, many with RGR&D as lead counsel, including:
- The Apple iPod iTunes Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Carbon Black Antitrust Litigation (D. Mass.)
- In re Digital Music Antitrust Litigation (S.D.N.Y.)
- In re Graphics Processing Units Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- In re International Air Transportation Surcharge Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Korean Air Lines Co. LTD. Antitrust Litigation
- In re Medical Waste Services Antitrust Litigation
- Ross et al. v. Metropolitan Live Insurance Company (MetLife "juvenile smoker" litigation)(W.D. Pa.)
- Williams v. Interinsurance Exchange of the Automobile Club (Auto Club insurance installment fee premium litigation) (S.D. Co. Sup. Ct.)